Estate & Facilities Maintenance Manager - Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Job Type: Full Time - 5 days out of 7
Reporting To: Managing Director
Responsible For: Brocket Hall Estate Buildings Maintenance
To pro-actively seek and develop new cost-effective methods of preventative maintenance. Build a solid team with training & development in all aspects of corrective and preventative maintenance.
Planning and Organising:
- Provide input to the organization business plan & Budget, on all aspects of maintenance
- Manpower planning
- Lead all Maintenance & engineering procedure changes
- Adhere to and comply with all legislative changes within the maintenance environment with adequate planning
- Reporting internal/external
- Ensure both short term and long-term strategies with consideration to the overall organization business objectives and plan are in place and amended as required
- Ensuring organization of the department is effective
- Accurate record keeping
- Planning and organization of all stocks
- Create and updating of a data base of all contractors with costing and specialisations
- To plan and oversee all aspect s of ‘Project Management’ ensuring works are completed within time frames and quality standards are maintained
- Prepare bi-weekly reports updating management team on all aspects of facilities and maintenance
- Conduct scheduled regular inspections and checks of all electrical aspects of the estate
- Monitor and control of all joinery
- Conduct and inspect on a schedule all plumbing
- Ensure that all Health /Safety & Hygiene aspects are adhered and focused toward ‘best practice’
- Maintain all statutory record keeping
- Monitor and through checks of all equipment
- Planned regular and scheduled maintenance of all equipment
- Ensure that all purchases are done in the required manner and in accordance with budgetary requirements
- Ensure that all outsourced contractors comply with Brocket Hall policy & procedures.
- Ensure a good working relationship with internal & external teams/contractors
- Quality control measure to be measured to ensure compliance with set standards for internal& external teams
- Conduct random audits and inspections of works
- A five-year rolling plan for energy consumption for the Estate and monitoring and reporting of results of measures on a regular basis
- Oversee the management of consumable water ensuring quality control and appropriate measures
- To oversee the Energy Conservation Committee
- A five-year rolling property plan for each area of the estate to be reported on a regular basis
- Ensure that all Fire & Security measures are in place and monitored on a regular scheduled basis
- Ensure that all Health & Safety measures are in place and are trained and communicated on schedule basis
- Data sheets for rooms providing history and in conjunction property plan maintenance
- Negotiation and oversee quality and competitive pricing in conjunction with Financial Controller on all contracts
- Maintain a detailed cost analysis on all contractors within an updated data base
- Ensure that all budgets set for ‘Projects Management ‘are closely monitored and that projects are completed within budgets guidelines
- Ensure a good working relationship with Purchasing Department
- Advise Purchasing Department and include in planning with attention to cost & value for money
- Forecasts & Budgets for short medium and long terms planned works and operating within financial budgets providing cost effective services
Establishes, enhances, and maintains productive quality working relationships with key internal and external customers
- Liase & negotiate with all suppliers ensuring most competitive rates
- Ensure a clear communication and good relationship with local government agencies
- Build & maintain relationship with local colleges & university
Leads a trained, skilled & motivated team
- To ensure that all appraisals are done in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify training needs for the Human Resources Dept.
- Ensure that all new employees have a proper induction program within a reasonable period of commencement of employment
- Ensure that all personnel within the department are appraised and trained internally of any new legislation
- Communication on a regular basis to all personnel within the department of all aspects of the budget and business
- Coach and mentor new or existing employees whenever required
- Plan and organise a departmental succession plan
- Assist with the development of all team members in multi-tasking
- Ensure proper documentation of all staff training and development
- Ensure proper documentation of any grievance and disciplinary requirements within the department
- Training on the proper and safe use of all equipment to all team members
- Ensure quality control of all aspects of the team performance and ensuring site discipline of both internal team and external workforce
- To oversee and update all departmental SOP’s on hard and soft facilities, installation
To communicate key messages, principles, and strategies
- To provide a link between departments regarding day to day works or special projects
- To ensure that all departmental team members are fully informed on all aspects of the department and overview of the business
- Ensure that team briefing, or staff notice boards communicate all the latest legislation.
Business Ethics & Code of Conduct:
Ensures that all codes of conduct are applied.
- Ensure that you and your team apply the utmost of confidentiality in all aspects of the business of the organization
- Strict adherence Data Protection act
- Replications, copying, or verbal information is not permitted at time.
- Internet & Telephone must only be used for business purposes
- Business attire/ Protective attire should be worn when conducting business on behalf of the organization
- Ensure to always lead by example for the overall professionalism of the company
- Maintain the confidentiality of all organizational planning and development projects
These are the personal skills, qualities and attributes needed to carry out the role effectively.
- Sets high personal performance standards.
- Plans, organizes, and uses a systematic approach to get things done.
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Prioritises actions and manages tasks through to completion. Actively seeks opportunities to develop and learn from experience
Communication and Leadership Skills
- Communicates openly and clearly both verbally and in writing. • Pitches information at the appropriate level.
- Listens to the needs of others before contributing.
- Develops positive working relationships.
- Manages conflict effectively.
- Motivates and inspires others to perform
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Collects and analyses relevant information about a problem.
- Seeks innovative solutions.
- Makes conscious decision to go for action.
- Accepts personal responsibility to make things happen.
- Constantly reviews to improve
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction.
- Acts on own initiative when appropriate.
- Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Has drive and determination to succeed.
- Contributes and is effective when team working with peers
- Expresses confidence in own ideas and networks with others.
- Gains commitment to action from a range of people
- Adapts quickly and positively to new situations.
- Continues to be productive in changing circumstances.
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time