Are you knowledgeable & passionate about golf?
Do you enjoy working in a customer facing role?
The Guest Experience Assistant is a key role within our hotels.? You are the first impression a guest will have upon arrival at the hotel’s golf club so providing a warm, friendly, helpful welcome, the service they receive during their stay and when they leave is extremely important.?
What will I do?
- Understand the operation of golf,?to offer advice and guidance to all members, potential members and guests
- Welcome and greet all those arriving at the golf facilities, respond to queries, offers advice and collects fees where appropriate
- Taking correct booking details for members and guests using the facilities
- Manages the retail outlets (where required) on a daily basis, answers the phone, makes bookings as well as selling and advising on merchandise
- Ensuring golf stock is rotated and displayed to achieve maximum sales
- Responsible for handling cash and cashing up at the end of a shift
- Reports daily regarding course play, classes, sales and upcoming events
- Liaises with the greenkeeping (if appropriate) and maintenance teams to ensure the highest and professional of standards for all facilities and services
- Liaises with sales suppliers on merchandise for both the shop and individual members/guests
- Ensuring high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness in the shop, changing facilities and reception and outside areas at all times
- Adheres to health and safety, procedures and report anything which causes concern to the appropriate authority
- Completes any other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Flexibility to work in other areas of Guest Experience as and when required (reception, bookings, retail, food & beverage, enquiries, memberships, maintenance and housekeeping, spa & leisure)
Is this the role for me?
- Previous golf experience, either personally or professionally
- Knowledgeable about golf
- Passion for the sport and customer service
- Courteous and pleasant attitude towards guests and other team members
- Patience and good listening skills
- Ability to work under pressure and able to multitask
- Ability to take initiative and a practical approach to problem solving
- Due to the nature of the role & industry, flexibility is required to working hours as weekend and evening work will be required
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Team worker
Why The QHotels Collection?
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across The QHotels Collection
- Free onsite parking
- Various Employee celebratory days throughout the year
- Support with training & professional qualifications, including course fees!
- Carve out your own career path with The QHotels Collection as there will be progression & career development opportunities across our hotel portfolio
- Internal talent exchange network Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7, 365 days a year
The Armed Forces Covenant?is a voluntary statement of mutual support between a civilian community and its local Armed Forces Community. It is intended to complement the Armed Forces Covenant, which outlines the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces. The QHotels Collection proudly support the UK Armed Forces and have signed the Armed Forces Covenant achieving the Silver Award.