Leisure Attendant - Moreton-In-Marsh, Gloucestershire
Support better health and fitness as a leisure attendant
We’re providing Fire Service College trainees and local people with first-rate leisure facilities so that they can focus on their health and wellbeing. As a leisure attendant, you’ll be supporting the management team to run the centre in a smooth and efficient way, making each customer’s experience as pleasant as possible. You’ll get involved in a wide variety of duties including lifeguarding, working on the reception, dealing with customer queries, cleaning and first aid. You’ll also have the chance to grow and develop, with the possibility of assisting with swimming lessons and helping to bring to life new initiatives and ideas for the centre. Plus, you’ll have membership for yourself and discounted membership for your family so that you can enjoy the facilities too. We’re currently recruiting for both full-time and casual leisure attendant roles, with the casual role working on a zero hour contract. Join us and help to create a place where everyone feels comfortable exercising and staying fit.
What you’ll be doing:
- assisting the Sports Centre Manager to develop the best customer experience possible
- delivering the highest standard of customer service while dealing with complaints and issues
- carrying out lifeguarding duties in line with centre and national standards
- helping with the management of the centre to ensure it’s operational at all times
- staying up-to-date with any training needed in line with National Guidance
- potentially assisting with offering swimming lessons at the Centre when needed.
What we’re looking for:
- a competent swimmer with an interest in sport and the Leisure industry
- any experience within the Leisure industry of working at a Sports Centre or in a related role
- an RLSS NPQL qualification (either completed or in the process)
- good time management, attention to detail and organisational skills
- strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to handle pressurised situations calmly
- the ability to pass an advanced DBS check as part of the process before any offer is made.
About Fire Service College
The Fire Service College is one of the world’s leading organisations for fire and emergency response training. We provide dedicated training for emergency services, as well as commercial and public sector clients, around the world. We’re equipping today’s firefighters and other emergency responders with the best possible skills and training in the latest techniques and procedures. The college is one of the world’s largest operational fire and rescue training facilities, with a unique training environment, sports centre and expert instructors. Visitors and learners can train and exercise in a realistic and challenging environment, with a learning experience that is second to none.
What’s in it for you?
- a basic salary of £20,174 for full time and £9.90 per hour for casual
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- free gym membership
- the opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone.