Senior Sous Chef - City of London
Job Type: Full Time & Part Time
Salary: £43,000 - £48,000 per annum
Senior Sous Chef; If food is your passion then we have the perfect role for you.
Temper is the award winning concept focussing on whole animal BBQ and live fire cooking in our restaurants based in Soho, Covent Garden & The City.
Senior Sous chefs at temper will embark on a journey of discovery learning many new skills including whole animal butchery, bread making, live fire cookery and how to flavour food to an elevated level. Working in our signature open kitchens the right applicant will get the opportunity to thrive in a unique environment where guest interaction is essential.
Working alongside the head chef you will head up a brigade of 15 chefs. The right applicant will need to be able to work seamlessly under pressure in a high volume capacity and be able to ensure the highest levels of consistency.
Benefits of the role:
- Competitive salary package.
- Be able to enhance your skills from learning the use of real American Smokers, the craft of butchery, live fire cookery and many other new kitchen techniques.
- 28 days paid holiday per year.
- 50% staff discount to dine within the restaurant.
- Career development plan.
- Staff meals for lunch and dinner.
- Experience of running a kitchen at a similar level
- Excellent stock management skills
- An up to date knowledge of food hygiene, health & safety and current food regulations
- A proven leader with a strong background in recruitment, training and development
- Excellent time management with a proven track record of BOH management
Temper – Winner of best newcomer at the Observer Food Monthly restaurant awards 2017
What do the critics think?
"Temper is brilliant" - Jay Rayner - The Observer
"It’s like a classic old-time speakeasy where something new and filthy and addictive is happening again - 9/10" - Giles Coren - The Times
4/5 - Grace Dent - The Evening Standard
5/5 - The Metro
Please be aware we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work within the UK