Chef de Partie - London
Job Type: Full Time & Part Time
Salary: £31,500 - £34,000 - The salary for this role is calculated between £12.60 and £13.60 per hour over 48 hours weekly
Chef de Partie; If food is your passion then we have the perfect role for you.
Temper is the award-winning concept focussing on whole animal BBQ and live fire cooking in our restaurants based in Soho, Covent Garden & The City.
A Chef de Partie at temper will embark on a journey of discovery learning many new skills including whole animal butchery, bread making, live fire cookery and how to flavour food to an elevated level. Working in our signature open kitchens the right applicant will get the opportunity to thrive in a unique environment where guest interaction is essential. Working alongside the head chef you will work with a team of like-minded professionals. The right applicant will need to be able to work seamlessly under pressure in a high-volume capacity and be able to ensure the highest levels of consistency.
Benefits of the role:
- Competitive salary package.
- Easy accessibility to transport links.
- A good work life balance.
- Be able to enhance your skills from learning the use of real American Smokers, the craft of butchery, live fire cookery and many other new kitchen techniques.
- 28 days paid holiday per year.
- 50% staff discount to dine within the restaurant.
- Career development plan.
- MUST ENJOY AND BE ABLE TO SPEAK WITH GUESTS.
- Experience of working in a kitchen at a similar level.
- Excellent stock management skills.
- An up to date knowledge of food hygiene, health & safety and current food regulations.
- A proven team member with a strong background in a range of kitchen roles.
- Some grill work is beneficial.
- Excellent time management.
Temper – Winner of best newcomer at the Observer Food Monthly restaurant awards 2017
People - If that’s your passion then we have the perfect role for you.
Our people – Our people are the most important part of our business and without them we are nothing.
The people - Our guests, who want to be entertained, informed and charmed every time.
What do the critics think?
"Temper is brilliant" - Jay Rayner - The Observer
"It’s like a classic old-time speakeasy where something new and filthy and addictive is happening again - 9/10" - Giles Coren - The Times
4/5 - Grace Dent - The Evening Standard
5/5 - The Metro
Please be aware we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work within the UK