Kitchen Porter - East MidlandsKitchen Porter 11:00- 16:0025 Hours Per Week Predominantly Monday - Friday some weekends May Be Required for Holiday Cover)10.00 per hour
If you're looking for a career that offers flexibility, excitement, and progression, then contract catering could be for you! At BaxterStorey our career opportunities span industries from retail fashion to motorsport within roles across marketing, people development, sustainability, supply chain and more.
We invest heavily in training and development to give our people the confidence and industry knowledge to push the boundaries of hospitality excellence. There is endless opportunity to climb the career ladder (at any age or stage of your career!) and we offer over 500 courses across our business, from NVQ qualifications to our award-winning Chef Academy.
Our client is one of the largest online retailers in the world and has multiple sites across the UK. You will be based on a site that operates 24 hours a day and could feed anywhere up to 1500 people in a day. Our associate customers are very hardworking and have great appetites, they love hearty British foods, spicy curries and being from all over the world, their own regional specialties. Kitchen Porter benefits:
What would we like from our Kitchen Porter
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Meal on Shift
- Bespoke training and development
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays and cinemas
Kitchen Porter requirements:
- Customer Service experience
- Strong communication skills
- Numerate, counting cash may be required
- Good organisation skills
- Reliable and able to work well within a team
- Assist in the preparation of food and snacks.
- Keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- Provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers.
- Ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service
- Be customer focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- Project a willing and helpful attitude to customers
- Seek the appropriate knowledge of food items sold throughout catering areas
- Keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you. Ready to join us? Apply today!