Stoke Poges FWC | Fitness Operations | Permanent contract | Part time
Up to £19,578.00 pro rata depending on experience
15 hours per week
It is now easier than ever to find out about job opportunities across Nuffield Health. Whatever you do, we want to give you every opportunity to broaden your experience and understanding and to develop you both personally and professionally at Nuffield Health.
We want you invested in us for the long term, and we'll offer you an abundance of interesting and varied roles. You may want to consider stepping into something completely new to give you the fresh challenge you've been seeking. Where possible, please make sure you have had a conversation with your current manager about applying for this role.
Our team in Yeovil Fitness & Wellbeing Centre currently have an opportunity for a Rehabilitation Specialist. Start your journey with us whilst we'll support you to be your best.
Nuffield Health is largest healthcare charity in the UK, made up of our award-winning hospitals, fitness and wellbeing centres, medical centres and workplace wellbeing services. For the last 60 years, Nuffield Health's experts have been working together to make the nation fitter, healthier, happier and stronger, all for the public benefit. Everything we do feeds into our purpose - to build a healthier nation. Our unique knowledge and expertise mean we're ideally placed to support individuals requiring rehabilitation following illness or disease.
The role of the Rehabilitation Specialist will be to deliver Nuffield Health Rehabilitation Programmes utilising the unique Nuffield Health pathway, championing the Charitable Purpose. This role will play a crucial part in Nuffield's long-term vision for clinical rehabilitation and will require the Rehabilitation Specialist to undertake remote (digital) and in person facilitation of exercise, emotion wellbeing support, healthy eating, and goal setting to aid the participants recovery. The pathway will involve weekly 1to1s, group exercise classes (virtual and in person), promote goal setting and self-directed activity.
As our Rehabilitation Specialist you will:
- Run a series of 12-week rehabilitation programmes.
- Facilitate and deliver both live stream and in person group exercise classes, with people of varying abilities and physical function.
- Be able to promote self-directed activity using pre-recorded on demand classes and a journal which will aid in the participants being able to self-manage their condition after the 12-week programme.
- Be able to re-calibrate exercises and intensities based on regular improvements demonstrated by changes in effort and performance.
- Identify any deterioration of participants and where necessary follow internal escalation processes.
- Be able to deliver or facilitate various exercise modalities from circuit training to strength training, whilst working within peoples varying physical abilities.
- Be required to work flexibly and have good organisational skills to balance multiple programme groups (cohorts) at once and process new referrals.
- Engage in 1to1 telephone conversations each week with every participant to offer coaching in terms of setting short term and long-term goals, understanding restrictions, monitoring progress, understanding and offering emotional wellbeing support, and empowering self-directed activity.
- Ensure that outcome data is accurately captured, which is essential in supporting our Charitable Purpose and tracking and monitoring participants progress.
- Respond to the ongoing requirements of the programme to ensure successful delivery of each cohort.
- Have experience and an understanding of rehabilitation (desired not essential).
To succeed as a Rehabilitation Specialist, you will have the following skills and abilities:
- Leadership & influencing skills
- Good communicator
- Calm under pressure
- Motivational and engaging personality
- Self-starter with high levels of drive, energy and commitment
- Strong organisation skills, with ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Personal values that drive performance with clarity, transparency and fairness to team colleagues
- Collaborative working within your site as well as Central Operations and the Charity Team
- Have an energising impact on those around you
- Excellent IT skills
- Level 3 Qualified Personal Trainer
Helping you feel good.
We want you to love coming to work, feeling healthy, happy and valued. That's why we've developed a benefits package with you in mind. Here, you'll find gym membership, private healthcare, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing advice and more. At Nuffield Health, we take care of what's important to you.
Join Nuffield Health and create the future you want, today.
If you like what you see, why not start your application now? We consider applications as we receive them and reserve the right to close adverts early (for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications). So, it's a good idea to apply right away to ensure you're considered for this role.
It starts with you.