Cycle Hire Supervisor - WorksopSummary
As Cycle Hire Supervisor you’ll be working directly with a small team to ensure Clumber Park is a well known destination for those keen to explore on two wheels.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.*INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY*What it's like to work here
While the team is small, the passion is big. On rainy days there’s an opportunity to spend time in the workshop, ensuring we’re up to date on services and the felt is maintained. On busy days, its all go and the day flies by as we interact with visitors. You would mostly be working inside out Cycle Hire Hub with one other person, though on busy days, team members from other teams will happily jump in to assist.
Click here for more information about this locationWhat you'll be doing
You'll be supporting with the daily operation, delivering excellent customer service to our visitors, as well as servicing and maintaining the fleet. Duties include:
Who we're looking for
- Managing 2 cycle hire assistants and a small group of volunteers.
- Attracting and recruiting more volunteers to support the team.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct process and procedures and being followed and that the Cycle Hub is fully compliant in all areas of H&S.
- Working towards weekly targets set by the VOEM.
- Assessing the operation at Cycle Hire and facilitating ways of improving it.
- Leading on projects – e.g establishing cycle routes, organising bike sales.
- Escalating issues to the VOEM
We need someone with:
- Previous experience in a Cycle Hire operation.
- A strong knowledge of cycle maintenance.
- Management experience.
- An ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
- Someone who is meticulously organised, who loves process and procedure.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- A proactive nature with the ambition and drive to build and improve.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.