Service Assistant - DurhamSummary
Join our great team! Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Service Assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service. Do you enjoy helping people and providing a great service? A really exciting opportunity helping us welcome visitors to this new National Trust property in Durham City. We have two part time roles available – 780 hours pa and 1170 pa. Flexible working is essential and includes weekends and bank holidays. You’ll work the majority of your hours from March to October when we’re open every day and less through the winter. It is all really about helping visitors have a great day! We’ll be interviewing for these roles week commencing 30th May.
If you’d like to talk to someone about the role please contact Vicki Johnson – email@example.com or call 0191 5290902. What it's like to work here
A new acquisition, the National Trust took ownership of this Grade I listed medieval hall and gardens in March. The Hall provides a spectacular backdrop to the stunning 10-acre gardens, paddock and fields, alongside magnificent views over Durham city towards the Cathedral.
Visitors can enjoy the colourful gardens including ponds and an orchard or embark on garden trails and take part in sports activities over the summer. We’re one team at Crook so as well as welcoming visitors you might be called upon the help in the café or even do a spot of gardening!
To find out more please click here What you'll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As the Service Assistant it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day. In this role, you’ll be;
Who we're looking for
- Working alongside staff and volunteers in delivering outstanding customer service across the property
- Working across our welcoming and admitting visitors to the property, providing information and orientation
- Working on our property tills selling admission tickets, processing payments of activities and events and promoting our Growing Support strategy (Memberships/Donations/Fundraising)
- Promote events, offers, products and benefits of actively supporting the National Trust
- Support in the delivery of events at times throughout the year
- Support across the property/portfolio when required.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work well in a team or on your own
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.