Service Assistant - ReadingSummary
We're looking for four Service Assistants to join our team on a fixed-term contract until 28th February 2022.
Hours: This is a flexible contract to assist our busy visitor operations during weekends and school holidays. Successful candidates should be available to work over these periods. This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but we’re looking for flexibility as it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business. We’d give you as much notice of this as possible.
Location: The role is required to work at Basildon Park and Greys Court.
Service Assistants play an important part in helping departments across the portfolio achieve exceptional service. No day as a Service Assistant is the same and you can expect to meet lots of different people and help in various visitor areas from greeting visitors on arrival to restocking the shelves in the shop and clearing tables in the tearoom. This role would suit anyone with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service and a keen interest in learning about visitor operations. What it's like to work here
The Thames Valley is a major tourist destination, with historic houses, parks and gardens, cycling, walking and boating on the river. It’s a beautiful area in which to live and work, with numerous small villages and towns in the countryside, yet good transport links to London by train and close to the east-west M4 motorway. The nearby thriving town of Reading with its range of housing types and prices, university and sporting facilities is the most important source for local visitors coming to the National Trust properties in this area. Basildon Park is just 12 miles from Greys Court, with nearby Nuffield Place – the third in the group, forming a close triangle of properties spilling out north across the valley.What you'll be doing
Visitors play an important part in what we do. As a Service Assistant you will work across visitor-facing areas, helping different departments deliver our service objectives. As a Service Assistant you will work across different departments and may be asked to:
Who we're looking for
- Greet our visitors on arrival with a personal approach, ensuring our visitors feel welcome
- Understand and share knowledge about the property with our visitors and give them the relevant information they need to enjoy their visit
- Share information about events, trails and other things that are happening at property and across the portfolio
- Promote our fundraising efforts and understand the ways in which visitors can contribute
- Process admissions, use the tills and talk to visitors about membership
- Support the tearoom and shop by clearing and wiping tables, restocking shelves, and covering the tills
- Assist with the overall standard of presentation, ensuring areas are litter free and presented to a high standard
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work well in a team or on your own
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.