Holidays Compliance Assistant - PooleSummary
Reporting to the Area Manager, you’ll support your regional team to ensure we’re 100% compliant, meeting our legal requirements as well as adhering to our systems and processes. Co-ordinating our purchase orders, assisting with exciting new projects and helping to develop our holidays offer is the core tasks for this role.
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £21,684 per annumWhat it's like to work here
We’re bigger than you think, we’re more complicated than we appear and we’re larger scale than you’d imagine! We’ve got passionate people in all of our teams, and we’ve got so much more we want to achieve. We’re for ever, for everyone and we really mean that, and we are also here for nature, beauty and history. We don’t want to stop at 5.5 million members, we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to drive the charitable income we so need, deepen the engagement with our current supporters and reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them.What you'll be doing
In this role you will be;
- Responsible for making sure compliance task owners are aware of what needs to be done and their deadlines.
- Keep a record of compliance across the territory
- Supporting the teams to buy what they need for their properties.
- Co-ordinating and raising purchase order requests
- Produce reports based on compliance and review performance
- Share instructions, best practice, and training to support our teams
- You’ll build relationships with colleagues across the holidays business and other areas of the trust to help develop our offering
- Monitor key financial indicators
- Other tasks maybe applicable to support your Area Manager
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert for more information. Please note that within the trust we refer to this role as Holidays Compliance Assistant.Who we're looking for
In your application or cover letter please provide details of how you meet the criteria:
- An understanding of compliance in the hospitality industry ideally from within a holidays business.
- Ability to collate and report on financial/performance data.
- Experience in implanting new operational and compliance processes.
- Ability to prioritise and keep to deadlines.
- Practical experience of working in an operational role in a holiday’s environment
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.