Facilities & Support Services Manager - CranbrookSummary
Would you like to be part of a team that aims to care for our beautiful places, both indoors and out, in a safe & compliant manner, to best share them with every one of our welcome visitors?
We're looking for our next Facilities and Support Services Manager to join us covering four properties across our wonderful Sissinghurst portfolio with Sissinghurst Castle Garden being your primary base.
This is a full-time, permanent contract opportunity working 37.5 hours per week.What it's like to work here
This internationally renowned garden is an awe-inspiring place to be. The stunning formal gardens include a rose, herb and kitchen garden which grows delicious produce for the restaurant and coffee shop. A strong team spirit and collaborative working environment is key to the success of Sissinghurst and the staff are looking for flexible, creative people to join them.
Click here for more information about this locationWhat you'll be doing
As the Facilities and Support Services Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading the facilities and business support service, enabling the successful operation of a complex property portfolio. You’ll lead your team of staff and volunteers to meet their objectives, ensuring that high standards are delivered and always maintained.
You’ll be working collaboratively as part of the portfolio’s leadership team. Comfortable with operational risk management, you’ll lead on compliance and environmental management across the portfolio. Working closely with regional colleagues, you’ll manage contractors and a small in-house team to deliver planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance and repairs on our core historic buildings, let estate, and visitor facilities.
You could be chatting with tenants or talking about long-term strategy with the General Manager and other Heads of Department. Systems and financial management don’t phase you - you pick up new systems quickly and can explain them to others. You’re good at managing budgets and driving cost deficiencies while maintaining safe and sustainable operations. Most of all, you’ll enjoy a varied and interesting role in a beautiful place with friendly and committed colleagues.
Please read the role profile attachedWho we're looking for
- Managing many priorities across multiple sites, often compliance-related demonstrating excellent time management
- Experience in compliance-based systems within a large organisation
- An awareness and understanding of how to support day-day business at a visitor attraction, dealing with inquiries and complaints, and managing coach bookings for the site
- Experience in managing contractors on site safely and familiar with CDM regulations and guidance
- Setting the overall presentation standards for the portfolio and leading a team of Facilities Assistants to maintain these standards whilst engaging constructively with staff and volunteers
- An experienced influencer at Leadership level, able to contribute to strategy and setting a direction as well as the day-day operation
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.