Service Assistant - Stoke on TrentSummary
Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Service Assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service. Do you enjoy helping people and providing a great service?
Hours: Flexible hours available which includes weekend shifts; to be discussed at interview (No Evenings & No Split Shifts). Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but we’re looking for flexibility as it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business.
Salary: £9.60 per hour
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until 11th September 2022What it's like to work here
Biddulph Grange Garden is a Victorian garden created by Darwin contemporary James Bateman as an extension of his beliefs and scientific interests. His plant collection comes from all over the world - a visit takes you on a global journey from an Italian terrace to an Egyptian pyramid, via a Himalayan glen and Chinese-inspired garden.
The role will be part of our visitor welcome and visitor experience, working on visitor welcome, events, helping visitors in other parts of the property and some housekeeping tasks. You'll report to the Welcome Manager and the role will involve weekend working and bank holidays.
Click here for more information about this locationWhat you'll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As the Service Assistant it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day. In this role, you’ll be;
Who we're looking for
- Working alongside a big staff team and volunteers in delivering outstanding customer service across the property
- Working across our welcoming and admitting visitors to the property, providing information and orientation
- Working on our property tills selling admission tickets, processing payments of activities and events and promoting our Growing Support strategy (Memberships/Donations/Fundraising)
- Promoting events, offers, products and benefits of actively supporting the National Trust
- Supporting in the delivery of events at times throughout the year
- Supporting across the property/portfolio when required
We'd love to hear from you, if you have:
- A can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work well in a team or on your own
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.