Senior Visitor Experience Officer - IlminsterSummary
If you love engaging with our visitors and interpreting our collections with inspiring events and ways to bring our works of art to life, we’ve got a fantastic opportunity for you.What it's like to work here
Barrington Court is a Tudor manor house begun around 1538 and completed in the late 1550s, with a vernacular stable court, situated in Barrington, near Ilminster, Somerset, England. The house was owned by several families by 1745 after which it fell into disrepair and was used as a tenant farm.What you'll be doing
You'll work with the Visitor Experience Manager to ensure every aspect of the visitor experience is shaped by our collection and delivers an exceptional experience to everyone every time. That involves delivering the program of events, with something new each season for our regular visitors and locals, as well as ongoing events to inspire our occasional visitors.
With our impressive collections, inspiring landscapes and centuries of history, there’s everything here to fire your imagination, to create events and deliver outstanding interpretation. You’ll work with the house team to understand our spirit of place, ensuring high standards of presentation and service as part of the visitor experience team. Please also read the full role profile, attached to the end of this advert.Who we're looking for
This job is all about providing a service. To be fantastic in this role, you’ll need to;
- Experience of delivering inspirational engagement activities
- Have good people skills, enabling good working relationships with those in your team and across the property
- Understanding of how to interpret significant collections to varied audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to time manage projects successfully
- Have good interpersonal skills, able to deal with visitors in a variety of situations
- Have a flexible customer focused approach with experience in delivering high standards of customer service
- Experience of working with and supervising volunteers
- Empathy with aims of the National Trust, with genuine interest and knowledge of the work of the Trust
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.