Welcome & Service Assistant - EnniskillenSummary
Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Welcome & Service Assistant, plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service. Working in Visitor Reception as the hub for Growing Support in Castle Coole, you'll work in a team to provide visitors with exceptional customer service.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in equal installments. This will be a full time position working 5 days a week until the end of September with potential for weekend working in October, and will involve working bank holidays and weekends.What it's like to work here
Experience the stately grandeur of this stunning 18th-century mansion set in a beautiful wooded landscape park ideal for family walks. Castle Coole is one of Ireland's finest Neo-classical houses, allowing visitors to glimpse what life was like in the home of the Earls of Belmore.
You'll work in a small team including seasonal members of staff and volunteers, reporting to the Welcome Manager.What you'll be doing
As a Welcome & Service Assistant, it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day. Duties will include helping to maintain a high standard of presentation in the Visitor Reception and being the point of contact for membership.
You’ll be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. Understanding how and why we engage our supporters is key. Working with our spirit of place you’ll work with the visitor welcome team to link everything we do back to our cause and the on-going work we do.
You’ll deliver high standards of presentation at the property, and ensure all our communications with our visitors are clear and consistent, from the first click on the website, to the posters and signs around the property.Who we're looking for
You'll need to have the following experience:
- Can demonstrate an empathetic, understanding and adaptable approach to different people’s needs, with a passion to deliver the highest standards of customer care.
- Proven experience of working to measurable targets
- Good team worker- flexible and adaptable and willing to grow experience and skillset across several different operation aspects of the property
- Skilled listener with great people skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and able to work with minimum supervision
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.