Welcome & Service Assistant - AmblesideSummary
Would you like to work in “the loveliest spot that Man hath ever found”? This is how Wordsworth described his home, Allan Bank, in Grasmere. Our Welcome Team work at both Allan Bank, and our other property, Townend in Troutbeck.
You’ll be enthusiastic about delivering outstanding customer service and willing to work on a rota which includes weekends and bank holidays. Interview - Friday 27th May.What it's like to work here
Great team working together we need to add likeminded people to the team so we can make our visitors enjoy their visit even more.What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day. As a Welcome & Service Assistant, it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day.
You’ll be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. Understanding how and why we engage our supporters is key. Working with our spirit of place you’ll work with the visitor welcome team to link everything we do back to our cause and the on-going work we do.
You’ll deliver high standards of presentation at the property, and ensure all our communications with our visitors are clear and consistent, from the first click on the website, to the posters and signs around the property.Who we're looking for
- Can demonstrate an empathetic, understanding and adaptable approach to different people’s needs, with a passion to deliver the highest standards of customer care.
- Proven experience of working to measurable targets
- Good team worker- flexible and adaptable and willing to grow experience and skillset across several different operation aspects of the property
- Skilled listener with great people skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and able to work with minimum supervision
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.