Facilities & Support Services Manager - MaidenheadSummary
***INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE***
Would you like to be part of our team who care for our beautiful places, both indoors and out, in a safe, compliant manner, to best share them with each and every one of our diverse range of welcome visitors?
We are looking for an experienced facilities professional for a 12 month fixed term position.
If you can lead a small, high performing team of staff and volunteers on the ground, on a daily basis, to ensure delivery of the very highest of standards, whilst welcoming challenge and variety, then this is the job for you.
As someone who is not phased by the changing demands of varied operational requirements, you'll have direct experience of facilities and business systems management, as well as an eagerness to embrace the wide ranging scope of activities that you'll be involved in. From liaising with the exclusive Cliveden House hotel on celebrity weddings to managing broken soil pipes, this role literally deals with the sewers, the stars and everything in between!
Hours: 37.5 hrs per weekContract:
this is a 12-month fixed term contract. We would also consider this as a secondment opportunity.What it's like to work here
Cliveden’s Italianate mansion, riverside setting and family-friendly events draw visitors all year round, making this property a busy location with a wide range of opportunities. There is always plenty to do at the 375-acre estate, with conservation of the South Terrace among recent projects. Cliveden team are close-knit with a wonderful sense of community. The location is quiet, so you'll need your own transport to get here.
Click here for more information about this locationWhat you'll be doing
As the Facilities and Support Services Manager at one of the Trust’s busiest properties, you’ll be responsible for leading the delivery of an efficient, effective and flexible facilities and business support service, enabling the successful operation of an important property portfolio. Calm and adaptable, you’ll work collaboratively as part of the property leadership team and lead a team of staff and volunteers, ensuring that the highest standards are delivered and maintained at all times.
Confident with operational risk management, you’ll lead on compliance and environmental management across the property. With the support of regional colleagues, you’ll manage contractors to deliver planned, preventative and reactive maintenance and repairs on our buildings and visitor facilities. You will be a key player in our ambitions to lead for Climate Action, Cliveden has a history of being ahead of the curve on energy use, and this informs both our vision and day to day operations.
You’ll be comfortable with systems and financial management. You’ll have experience managing budgets and driving cost efficiencies while maintaining safe and sustainable operations. Most of all, you’ll enjoy a varied and interesting role in a beautiful place with friendly and committed colleagues.
Please read the role profile attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
- Facilities Management and business services across the property
- Working collaboratively with other Heads of Department and property teams, to deliver excellent standards of compliance, maintenance, business services and customer service across the property
- Working within appropriate Trust procedures and conservation guidelines
- Managing our premises, equipment, environmental, and compliance systems to ensure the safe, sustainable, effective, and cost-efficient operation of the property
- Effective business services for your portfolio including data and records management, responses and queries, correspondence and communication with suppliers, supporters, and visitors along with administration for compliance, finance, and procurement.
- Experience of managing budgets and delivering or managing projects;
- A desire to make a difference, show initiative and contribute to the core values of the Trust.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.