Project Manager - Bury St EdmundsSummary
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to work with outstanding National Trust properties to help shape their vision in terms of growth, access, inclusion and visitor experience. You’ll be an inspirational leader with versatile project management skills - who can lead a team through a creative process - to be able to develop exciting concepts and deliver successful outcomes across a range of conservation, commercial and people-focussed projects.
This is a fixed term contract, and we will consider flexible working patterns.
You’ll work primarily with 2 properties but there is an expectation that there will be wider regional delivery across Midlands and East.What it's like to work here
You’ll work intensively with Blickling Hall and Wimpole Hall as part of the Midlands and East of England regional team, but will work with other properties to review or scope. You’ll work closely with property teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders and partners with a balance of home and office working.What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Consultancy in Midlands and East of England, you’ll manage projects to re-imagine how we use our spaces to develop a masterplan for improving the visitor experience. With proven experience in partnership working and managing complex projects, you’ll bring your professional expertise, creativity and experience to our work.
Championing public benefit, nature and conservation, your projects will range from commercial and infrastructure-based developments to highly participatory, visitor experience and enterprise initiatives. You’ll need to have a track record in delivering successful capital and public-facing projects and an understanding of the whole project lifecycle.
Please also read the full role profile and additional information, attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
We invite applicants from a wide range of industries and backgrounds, but you must have experience of working on relevant projects or transferable skills and knowledge. We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience of concept and feasibility stages / programme management including defining resources, leading procurement, leading project teams, across multiple projects
- A recognised project (APM PMQ / Prince) or programme management (MSP) qualification or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent communication, people, problem-solving and influencing skills and confident liaising with senior leaders and managing complex external stakeholder relationships.
- Experience of managing projects with a construction focus with an understanding of delivering capital works in historically and ecologically sensitive environments
- Experience in understanding, processing, and presenting complex information for a range of audiences
- Able to effectively prioritise and make clear recommendations for leadership teams and links to wider strategic objectives
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.