Service Assistant - CambridgeSummary
Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Service Assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service. Do you enjoy helping people and providing a great service?
Hours: 1170 per year. This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year. You'll need to work weekends on a rotated basis to cover our operational needs.What it's like to work here
This impressive mansion, gardens and rare breed farm is one of the most dynamic and varied in the National Trust. Wimpole is a beautiful community to work within and you’ll be part of the Visitor Experience Team alongside two other Service Assistants. Wimpole is regarded as one of the National Trust's most successful properties in terms of growth and innovation. As expected for such a popular location, work at Wimpole is fast-paced, but as part of the team you’ll enjoy flexible working conditions.
Click here for more information about this locationWhat you'll be doing
Service Assistants are an integral role at Wimpole, you'll interact and support every department to ensure presentation standards are at their highest. As a Service Assistant it's your role to ensure that our visitors experience at Wimpole is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience. In this role, you'll:
Who we're looking for
- Ensure all signage is up-to-date
- Work with departments to create interpretation to engage our visitors
- Complement our cleaning service to ensure high presentation standards including bin emptying, cleaning toilets and litter picking throughout the day
- Help deliver the Wimpole Estate's programming
- Be an information point for visitors Support our volunteers
- Manage supplies to ensure we have what we need around the Estate
- These responsibilities would involve a considerable amount of walking, bending, and lifting
We'd love to hear from you, if you have:
- A can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work well in a team or on your own
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.