Service Assistant - PaigntonSummary
Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Service Assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service welcoming and greeting visitors to Compton Castle at the car park and supporting the team on site to open and close the property.
Do you enjoy helping people and providing a great service?
The Hours: 10:00 to 17:00 every Tuesday,Wednesday , Thursday plus August bank holiday.
The Salary: £9.60 per hour
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until the last day of the season at Compton Castle Thursday 27 October 2022 What it's like to work here
Compton Castle in the parish of Marldon in Devon, is a fortified manor house in the village of Compton, about 5 miles west of Torquay on the southern coast of Devon, England. The estate was home to the families of Compton, de la Pole, Doddiscombe, Gilbert and Templer.What you'll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As the Service Assistant it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day. In this role, you’ll be;
- Working alongside a big staff team and volunteers in delivering outstanding customer service across the property
- Working across our welcoming and admitting visitors to the property, providing information and orientation
- Working on our property tills selling admission tickets, processing payments of activities and events and promoting our Growing Support strategy (Memberships/Donations/Fundraising)
- Promote events, offers, products and benefits of actively supporting the National Trust
- Support in the delivery of events at times throughout the year
Who we're looking for
- Support across the property/portfolio when required
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work well in a team or on your own
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.