Retail Team Leader - Severn StokeSummary
If you're interested in becoming a Retail Team Leader and have the appetite to engage with visitors and boost our retail potential, then you could be the person for this job.
The Hours: Hours average 30 per week over 4 days. Weekend and bank holiday work required as part of a rota system.
The Salary: £15,444 per annum
Provisional Interview Date: 17th MayWhat it's like to work here
Click here to find out more about the Retail operation here at the National Trust.What you'll be doing
You'll be required to support the day to day management of the property retail operation so that it is commercially successful and consistently exceeds our visitors expectations. You'll monitor stock and merchandise products to achieve stretching financial targets, leading by example when it comes to maximising our profitability and income.
You'll also supervise paid and voluntary retail staff and work effectively alongside colleagues elsewhere in the property to deliver great service to visitors, promoting and enhancing the property's sense of place.
Please read the role profile, attached to this advert. Who we're looking for
• Able to demonstrate strong customer service ethos
• Experience of working in a retail environment including selling and merchandising skills.
• Strong people skills enabling good relationships.
• Knowledge of retail best practice including selling and merchandising skills and effective space management.The package
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.