Holidays Manager - BroadwaySummary
***INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY***
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £35,022 per annum
Duration: Permanent Opportunity What it's like to work here
To find out more about Holidays please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidaysWhat you'll be doing
Reporting to the Area Manager - Holidays, it will be your role to develop and grow the patch you look after.
You will manage an established team of holiday operation assistants, team leaders and assistant managers and you will work with them to ensure they understand and deliver the highest quality of housekeeping, compliance and standards across the patch.
You will also need to be guest and product focused, ensuring the highest quality of guest satisfaction and safety is achieved, you will want your guests to be delighted with their stay, and for them to create memories and stories in our unique holiday places.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert, include a covering letter and CV with your application.Who we're looking for
In your application please provide details of how you meet the criteria for this role.
- Experience in an operational focused role
- Experience in delivering complex projects on time and in budget
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team to an agreed set of results, contributing to their understanding and development
- You have experience understanding and delivering customer needs and delivering a culture of excellent customer service in the hospitality industry
- Ability to deliver results through successful cost control balanced with quality and to deadlines
- Experience and skills in managing operational budgets
- Experience of developing communications at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisation skills; demonstrate an ability to manage conflicting demands
- Experience and knowledge of compliance
- A creative flair or passion for innovation
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.