Senior Tailoring Operative - Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Reports To: Tailoring Team Leader
At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to "Make it easy for men to dress well". We offer our customers the opportunity to alter their garments to suit their specific needs and the Tailoring Department is a team of sewing machinists and support colleagues who make these changes before the orders are despatched to the customer. Our Senior Tailoring Operatives support the Team Leader with running the operation. They're brilliant communicators, who motivate the team by leading by example. From opening, running and closing shifts, to processing stock and orders, they're always ready to take charge or get stuck in. Becoming a Senior Tailoring Operative is a great opportunity to demonstrate your leadership qualities in a dynamic role.
- To execute daily plans as set by the Team Leader and have a clear understanding of the business requirements
- To work alongside the team on a day to day basis
- Support and work closely with the Team Leader to ensure the smooth running of the Department and assist in managing the team to deliver results
- To ensure a customer focus is at the front of all actions carried out by the team, ensuring quality and service levels are met
- Coach and train individual members of the team to ensure performance and quality are maintained
- To manage the team in the absence of the Team Leader.
- Distribution or retail experience.
- Exposure within a Tailoring Department would be beneficial
- Assisted with daily shift management
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Desire to progress into a management career
- Self confident and professional attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent personal organisation skills and customer focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- IT literate including competent use of Word, Outlook and Excel
- Able to use initiative to question and innovate