Leisure Club Associate fixed term 12months - West Midlands Posting Date
Apr 12, 2022Job Number
Golf, Fitness, & EntertainmentLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Leisure Club team as a Leisure Club Associate at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
Conduct in a professional manner and according to Marriott International Brand Standards the leisure club reception daily activities, as assigned. These will include guest reception and switchboard. Other associated leisure club tasks may also be assigned, where deemed necessary.
Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred but not essential
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Flexible and adaptable
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
- High Standard of Personal Hygiene and Appearance
- Ensure that all Leisure Club and Brand Standards are maintained at the highest level at all times
- Ensure all members / guest concerns and requests are resolved promptly and properly
- Ensure the accuracy and completion of all job related administration procedures
- Register guests of the leisure club accommodating special requests whenever possible
- To understand the correct membership and leisure club procedures
- Comply with cash handling procedures
- To be fully aware of the Accident Reporting Procedure, Maintenance Fault Procedure and Fire Policy.
- To understand how the hotel Health and Safety Policy affects your department and how it links with the rest of the hotel.
- Complete daily checklist tasks as set out by department manager / supervisor
- Provide information to members / guests about leisure facilities including hours of opening hours, type and location of facilities
- To be able to deal with messages and enquiries when required, in an efficient and professional manner both over the telephone and directly from members / guests of the leisure club.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.