Junior Sous Chef - Fixed Term Contract 6 months - Kent Posting Date
Apr 12, 2022Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Ashford Road, Maidstone, KENT, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Supervise day-to-day kitchen operations and staff and all food preparation areas including Banquets, Room Service, Restaurants, Bar/Lounges and associate dining room to ensure a consistent, high quality food product. Works with the executive chef and food and beverage team to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. As an assistant department head, uses leadership skills to manage other supervisors.
- Supervises Kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all food and beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists Senior Sous Chef & Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
- Performs all duties of Kitchen Supervisors and associates.
- Recognizes quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving, and food storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Assists Senior Sous Chef & Executive Chef in calculating accurate theoretical and weighted food costs.
- Estimates daily and weekly production needs and communicates this information to the Kitchen staff.
- Coordinates banquet production with Kitchen staff.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.