Have you got a general interest in food?
Are you looking to kick start a culinary career?
As a Cook, you will be responsible for providing well executed meals for hotel guests & customers within the golf club. You’ll follow online set menu’s and ensure each plate of food is well presented and to a high standard.
What will I do?
- Prepare, cook and create meals using online set menu’s
- Order ingredients online via a central system
- Cooking for the restaurant, bar, room service and conference & events (dependent on the hotel)
- Work closely with the front of house team to ensure our guests have a memorable dining experience
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are clean & sanitised, before/during/after shifts
- Learn new skills about your trade along the way
- Great support network as you’ll have a Group Executive Chef and a Group F&B Support Manager
Is this the role for me?
- A love for food!
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Good attention to detail
- High standards
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a fast-paced kitchen environment would be ideal (hotel or restaurant), although not essential
- Can demonstrate a professional, friendly, and helpful attitude towards guests and colleagues
- Able to work on own initiative as well as working within a team
- Due to the nature of the role and the industry, flexibility is required to working hours as weekend and evening work will be required
Why The QHotels Collection?
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across The QHotels Collection
- Free onsite parking
- Various Employee celebratory days throughout the year
- Support with training & professional qualifications, including course fees!
- Carve out your own career path with The QHotels Collection as there will be progression & career development opportunities across our hotel portfolio
- Internal talent exchange network Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7, 365 days a year
The Armed Forces Covenant is a voluntary statement of mutual support between a civilian community and its local Armed Forces Community. It is intended to complement the Armed Forces Covenant, which outlines the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces. The QHotels Collection proudly support the UK Armed Forces and have signed the Armed Forces Covenant achieving the Silver Award.