Are you passionate about food?
Do you have the creative flair to deliver in your own section of the kitchen?
We are seeking Chefs of all levels, up to Sous Chef to join our team!
What will I do?
Kitchen Porter – no experience necessary! As a Kitchen Porter you will support in the smooth running of the kitchen, from ensuring all areas are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness as well as ensuring all equipment is cleaned and ready for every service.
CDP - you will manage any section in the kitchen, with varied responsibilities from preparing, cooking, and presenting those high-quality dishes. Your passion is on a plate created with innovation, flair and expertise.
Sous - supporting the Head Chef, the Sous Chef will be ‘hands on’, leading by example in the kitchen, guiding & mentoring a brigade of chefs and kitchen porters, ensuring as a team you deliver excellent guest services, ensuring the quality of food is to an expected high standard. You will be supporting the Head Chef with overseeing the restaurant menu and ensuring the food being delivered to guests is to spec and to a high standard. You'll be able to showcase your creative side by offering signature dishes/specials as well as when you are catering for meetings & events.
Is this the role for me?
- A love for food delivery, creating your passion on a plate
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Good attention to detail
- Other than the Kitchen Porter role, previous experience working in a fast-paced kitchen environment, at a similar level with appropriate qualifications to support
- Can demonstrate a professional, friendly, and helpful attitude towards guests and colleagues
- Able to work on own initiative as well as working within a team
- Due to the nature of the role and the industry, flexibility is required to working hours as weekend and evening work will be required
Why The QHotels Collection?
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across The QHotels Collection
- Free onsite parking
- Various Employee celebratory days throughout the year
- Support with training & professional qualifications, including course fees!
- Carve out your own career path with The QHotels Collection as there will be progression & career development opportunities across our hotel portfolio
- Internal talent exchange network Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7, 365 days a year
The Armed Forces Covenant is a voluntary statement of mutual support between a civilian community and its local Armed Forces Community. It is intended to complement the Armed Forces Covenant, which outlines the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces. The QHotels Collection proudly support the UK Armed Forces and have signed the Armed Forces Covenant achieving the Silver Award.