EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to CEO & COOReporting to: Based: East Croydon / Hybrid
Here at The Gym Group we believe we are simply the best in our industry! Our amazing teams have skills, abilities and can-do attitudes that make this a great place to work!
We have strong, embedded values and an easy-going culture which ensures we put our people first. We pride ourselves on being fun, innovative, inclusive and engaging. We are now on the lookout for an Executive Assistant
to directly support our CEO and COO.
So, what's stopping you? Apply today and be YOU with us!What you need to know about us...
We're not like any other gym company; we are The Gym Group
, a place where you can #BeYouWithUs and perform to your absolute best. We are successful; by membership we're the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe. We hire people with real passion, positivity and enthusiasm which motivates and inspire those around them. We actively invest in our employees; it's so important to us that our people can thrive in our environment and can make the most of the flexibility and support we offer to all of our teams. We have been recognised as #1 in our industry
by Glass Door and #25 in the Top 50 Best Places to work in 2022
which is all down to our great leaders and exceptional teams. We have held the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award
for 2 years, we are proud of our people and our Gym Support teams are phenomenal; you want to be a part of that, we know you do!What you need to know about the role...
This is an amazing opportunity to join us in a period of growth and development. This new Executive Assistant
role is key to support our leaders as we grow and develop the business and as such you would play a vital part in ensuring they are enabled to perform at their best.Main job activities would include:
Now let us tell you what we are looking for...
- Supporting the Managers, attending sites and visits so that you get a really strong understanding of business requirements and standards.
- Working as a chief assistant, almost a second self, providing proactive, extensive administrative support to simplify the day to day workload for your direct Managers - filtering, prioritising, re-routing and responding to queries in a timely and professional manner both verbally and in writing (email and voicemail)
- Manage the provision of confidential and sensitive information to and from key stakeholders, coordinating the storage and efficient retrieval of information
- Awareness of key stakeholders and prioritisation of meetings and awareness of the movement of wider ExCo members
- Managing email inboxes and sending accurate and prompt responses
- Coordinating schedules, meetings and appointments with an ability to flex quickly to balance competing priorities and daily demands
- Preparing slide decks and presentations, statements and comms
- Management and oversight of business projects - Producing timelines and reviews of projects
- Secretarial support for meetings, including drafting and circulating meeting agenda, preparing minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arranging refreshments.
- Attending meetings in place of your Manager and reporting back with actions
- Input into monthly board reports, gathering departmental input for all board reports to be produced on time
- Processing expenses through our internal system
- Conducting research, information gathering and sourcing data to support active projects.
To enrich our great team, we are looking for an Executive Assistant
who embraces their role, the wider team and our culture here at The Gym Group.
You are perfect if you can demonstrate:
- Qualifications at degree level or equivalent
- Executive Assistant experience and a passion for what you do.
- Exceptional organisational and diary management skills
- High levels of flexibility and adaptability
- Flawless communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent telephone manner
- Proactive approach to your role
- The ability to multitask and prioritise an everchanging workload
- The ability to work under pressure and reach deadlines
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work autonomously
- The ability to determine which emails, reports, telephone calls etc need to pass through and which do not
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- The ability to communicate with and present to senior management and executives
So, we've told you all about us and our amazing new opportunity; now it's your turn to hit 'Apply' and tell us about YOU. We also want to put it out there that we actively encourage applications from a diverse demographic and we are passionate about your culture and value alignment. We want this to be a match that works for you as much as for us - when we say #beYOUwithus
we really do mean it!