Night Security Officer
Now is an exciting moment to join the team at the Hilton London Metropole. The hotel is currently going through a transformational refurbishment, updating all of its Food & Beverage outlets, Bedrooms, Public Areas and Meeting Space, setting us well on our way to becoming Europe's Leading Conference & Event's Hotel!
Following the completion of the refurbishment, the hotel will boast 1,096 bedrooms, a state of the art fitness centre, four unique restaurants and bars, 35+ meeting rooms, including three ballrooms with capacity for over 1,350 guests, as well as an exclusive event space with unparalleled breath-taking skyline views across London.
Fancy taking a closer look at our brand new hotel? Check out our socials:
A Security Officer patrols, monitors, and observes security procedures to ensure a safe Guest and Member experience while investigating theft and managing instances of undesirable behaviour.
The night shift officer will be working 11pm-7am on a 5 ON + 2 OFF basis (39hrs)
What will I be doing?
As a Security Officer, you are responsible for monitoring and controlling staff entrances, patrolling on a regular basis, and managing undesirable behaviour to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience. A Security Officer will also be required to investigate theft and support evacuation procedures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Monitor and control staff entrances
- Conduct regular searches of bags, etc. carried by members of staff and report discrepancies or violations immediately
- Control the Goods pass out procedure for any items purchased, loaned, or otherwise legitimately obtained
- Maintain system that monitors contractors working in the hotel in accordance with company health and safety policies
- Responsible for checking goods received out of hours
- Maintain system that records the issue and receipt of departmental keys
- Operate, check and monitor the CCTV system
- Patrol the hotel on a regular basis ensuring fire walks take place and are recorded
- Ensure safe passage of cash transfers within the hotel
- Support evacuation of the hotel during fire alarm situations
- Monitor suspicious packages and be aware of bomb and terror threat procedures
- Provide secure storage for guest oversized items
- Ensure hotel facilities and function rooms remain secure and locked when not in use
- Maintain the Security Log Book and Incident Reports
- Investigate and report all allegations of theft, criminal damage and other incidents
- Manage undesirable behaviour in a professional manner, intervening and defusing potential altercations
- Liaise with Police in the absence of Security Team Leader
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations