Group Financial Accountant - Pinner, London
This is a brand new role to the Splendid Family, and it plays an integral role in the statutory audit process and taxation compliance, liaising with external auditors and tax advisors to meet both internal and external reporting deadlines across our Hotel and KFC businesses. Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, you will assist in producing and maintaining financial reporting reconciliations, including fixed assets, borrowings and intercompany for the Group (Hotels and KFC) and ensuring all entries are recorded accurately and balances are fully reconciled each month.
There will be some UK based travel involved with this role.
Our success lies amongst the strengths and skills of the dedicated and professional people we employ.
Everyone at Splendid Hospitality is committed to The Splendid Hospitality Way, delivering genuine service to 'Create Extraordinary Experiences'. The team offers a wealth of experience across a variety of talents ensuring that the Group is well positioned to achieve its vision to be a Centre of Global Excellence for Hospitality.
Your role in our family:
Key responsibilities to your role:
- Involvement in our treasury, cash and covenant reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset registers across multiple companies and ensuring the depreciation journal is recorded on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring financial records are kept up to date across the Group companies.
- Provide support on the preparation of statutory accounts and tax reporting (including compliance and reporting). Liaising with external auditors and tax advisors across our hotel and KFC businesses.
- Responsibility for producing and maintaining financial reporting reconciliations; ensuring these are reviewed monthly and that records are evidenced to support financial statement audits.
- Liaise with the wider finance team to understand Group processes and take responsibility for specific processes as required.
- Involvement with our treasury and cash reporting.
- Build meaningful relationships with all key stakeholders, including fellow finance team members, external auditors, tax advisors and HMRC.
- Keep abreast of UK accounting and taxation legislation enabling the group to remain fully compliant in respective areas.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, effectively present ideas and turn them into practical actions. Lead initiatives on continuous improvement of financial reporting and support wider group goals and initiatives.
- Adhoc financial projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great attention to detail, with good analytical and numerical skills.
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively with the wider team to meet periodic deadlines and contribute to wider Splendid group goals.
- Confident communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Technical accounting knowledge.
- A self-starter who is able to prioritise and manage deadlines.
- Ability to bring a commercial outlook to the role such that deliverables add value and insight to the business.
- Experience of operating in a similar role.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
What we offer you:
In addition to base salary, on offer:
- 33 holiday days
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- IHG Worldwide Discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
What happens next:
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.