The Hope & Anchor is a vibrant pub with scenic rooms that offers quality food and drink in one of South Devon’s most cherished coastal destinations.
You’ll be working in Hope Cove – a much-loved fishing village renowned for its golden beaches and breathtaking seascapes. Taking a front-row seat that’s a mere pebble’s throw from the water, the Hope & Anchor is perfectly placed for admiring the view and exploring all the area has to offer.
We’re looking for an Sous Chef/Assistant Head Chef to join our talented kitchen team. Supporting the Head Chef, you’ll help ensure the smooth running of a fast-paced environment, working alongside passionate people and cooking with locally sourced produce to provide experiences that delight our guests.
- Taking the helm when the Head Chef is away, you inspire the Kitchen Team and take pride in overseeing a quality food offering.
- You have a passion for creating culinary delights from quality, locally sourced ingredients.
- You’re a whizz when it comes to product knowledge, adapting to menu changes and specials with ease.
- You are a natural communicator with the ability to forge strong relationships, lead by example, and embody a positive team spirit.
- You know food health and safety regulations like the back of your hand.
- Being commercially minded, you understand budgets and sales targets, and play your part in helping to achieve them.
- Having a wealth of experience in a similar role means you are able to recognise when team members need help and you’ll support where needed.
- You go above and beyond to ensure a consistently high level of service, supporting the full team including Front and Back of House during peak times.
- You take ownership of a specific area of the kitchen, supporting the Head Chef and playing a key role in the smooth running of the food operation.
- Keeping a watchful eye over customer feedback means you are always adapting to maintain high standards and improve where necessary.
What we will offer you in return:
- Live in availability
- 30% off food & drink in our managed houses and 50% off accommodation.
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Fantastic training & career development opportunities.
- Exceptional bonus scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free staff meals.
St Austell Family Group is an Equal Opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We also welcome requests for flexible working.
Early applications are encouraged as we’ll review applications throughout the recruitment process and reserve the right to close the advert at any time. Please note that we politely request no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. Speculative CVs from recruitment agencies won’t be accepted, nor the fees associated with them.