Data Analyst, Asda Logistics Services -
Data Analyst - Asda Logistics Services
Do you want to add value and deliver improved outcomes for customers? Do you want the opportunity to innovate and influence our ASDA Logistics operations and drive efficiency? Are you passionate about Data and Insights that unlock value?
An opportunity has arisen for a Data Analyst to join a our logistics team at Asda. We are responsible for Asda's logistics reporting which is a key component to enabling the day to day running of the business as well as the wider ASDA growth strategy.
Reporting into the MIBI Data Manager, this role involves designing, developing, and enhancing our analytics and reporting.
You'll be responsible for understanding and analysing data across our logistics functions, producing meaningful MI that will be used to unlock value and improve service to our customers. SQL and data visualisation skills, as well as an understanding of data processing is critical. In addition to BI development, the scope of this role will include influencing internal stakeholders to define, combine and improve data sources and analytics, and ultimately help shape the future.
Great numerical reasoning, attention to detail and accuracy is key. However, the ability to step out of the detail and consider an holistic view is just as important.
Our reporting is ever-evolving, and the ideal candidate will not settle for the status quo, but look to build on the basics and develop future reporting in line with industry best practice. They will also be at the forefront of utilising new software to showcase data in new and innovative ways.
- Utilising a variety of data sources to extract, build, analyse and present information to help inform business decision making
- Support our strategy by providing appropriate insight on service performance with an aim to continually improve our proposition
- Build dashboards via Power BI across warehouse and transport to unlock the biggest value to ALS and showcase weekly and monthly KRAs.
- Validate and control any information being provided by 3rd parties and ensure continuity and quality of data
- Review performance of day to day operations and make suggestions for future activity
- Identify opportunities to improve working processes and systems, sharing insights with stakeholders
- Be passionate about improving the service to store and the overall customer experience, recognising the potential to drive decision making through quality accessible analytics
- Develop a strong working relationship with depots and central operations teams
- Experience of working with the logistics sector is desired but not essential
- Experienced user of SQL coding, visualisation tools such as PowerBI, and advanced knowledge and understanding of applications such as Excel
- Demonstrable experience to simplify the complex. Communicating clearly to senior stakeholders and partners
- Ability to learn new software through supported and self learning
Work Where it Works:
Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to chose where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office / depot environment that works best for you and your team.
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.