IT Project Manager - Leeds
Are you interested in working on one of the largest retail supply chain and logistics transformation projects in the world?
Asda Technology are looking for a number of Project Managers with a background in Supply chain and Logistics to work on a large complex transformation programme. This is truly a 'once in a career' opportunity so if you like to be kept busy then you'll definitely enjoy this role!
Future is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Technology will undoubtedly be one of the most ambitious parts of this work - the technology decisions made will underpin the way the entire business will operate in the future.
In Logistics Asda is implementing the very latest SaaS Warehouse Management System solutions across the entire network of 30 distribution centres. This includes Ambient, Chilled, Clothing and Dot Com.
You'll report into the Senior Programme Manager where you won't have any direct reports, but you'll have the opportunity to help mentor other colleagues within the team and department, and will matrix manage the project team.
- You will be responsible for creating and delivering project plans as well as prioritisation of project activity to meet the overall business project objectives and strategy.
- You could be managing projects within an Agile or Waterfall methodology, so ideally, you will have experience in both and how they can be blended.
- You will be responsible for project budgets, costs, timescales, resource utilisation, and adhering to governance standards, ensuring your projects are managed effectively.
- You will work with multiple vendors and internal teams to ensure on time delivery at high quality.
- You will identify, communicate and resolve risks, concerns, issues, and dependency blockers, initiating appropriate escalation to the Senior Programme Manager where required
- You will deliver high quality products and services in a fully serviceable state including hand-over to Service support teams.
- You are an experienced supply chain logistics Project Manager
- Experienced in project delivery, utilising methodologies such as Waterfall & Agile
- You will have experience of managing cross functional resource and motivating diverse teams.
- You will have experience of Microsoft Project, and creating and maintaining project plans
Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or car allowance plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org