Sous Chef, The Grand York
£28,000 per annum plus service charge, and over time paid.
An amazing opportunity for an exceptional Junior Sous Chef, reporting to our Executive Chef, to take ownership of 1AA Rosette The Rise Restaurant at York’s only 5* star hotel.
We’re looking for a Chef who is driven by talent, as well as a desire to provide the highest standard of product and service.
Built in 1906, The Grand is York’s only five-star hotel. Located within York’s city walls and with views of York Minster, the hotel holds an enviable and proud position in the city and local community.
What we can offer you:
- Inclusive Culture of Family
- Fully funded and supported Apprenticeship programmes
- 50% of Food and Beverage in all Splendid Hotels
- £45 Splendid Family room rate discount
- 30% Discounted Friends and Family hotel rates in Splendid Hotels
- Complimentary one night stay at The Grand when you start
- The Grand Cookery School discount 50% and 25% for friends and family
- Discounted local NCP car parking
- Monthly Pay Day treats
- Visit York discounts
- 'Star of The Month' Reward and Recognition event
- Departmental incentives
- Save money and enhance your wellbeing with Abode
- Retail Trust Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Mental Health First Aiders onsite
- Employee referral scheme
- No split shifts
- Hot and Cold food offerings for all team members on shift
The Ideal Candidate
Our team are the heart and soul of The Grand, without them The Grand is just a beautiful building. We pride ourselves on the warmth of our Yorkshire welcome that each one of our guests receive.
The ideal candidate will already be a Junior Sous Chef, or an inspired Chef de Partie and can demonstrate your exceptional communication skills and an ability to assist our Executive Chef in his operations.
You will have experience of operating food outlets, ensuring consistency of standards and food safety. You will design menus that will both delight guests and be commercially astute and must hold a Food Safety level 3 qualification.
Key responsibilities and experience required for your role:
- Develop an exceptional team under guidance of the Executive Chef, and our Sous Chef.
- Monitor standards of production to ensure consistent quality at all times
- Take ownership of the preparation and delivery of all menus for our Rise Restaurant
- Build a strong working relationship with operational teams to adhere to high service standards
- Ensure the kitchen is maintained to high hygiene standard at all times and safe food handling practices are followed
- Ensure COSHH and HACCAP guidelines are achieved and maintained. Check monitoring procedures daily
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.