Chef de Rang - York, North Yorkshire
The Grand York
We are looking for a Chef de Rang for our Fine Dining establishment, Legacy. The ideal candidate will assist in the day to day responsibilities of Legacy whilst providing guidance to team members, all whilst ensuring the high standards of service are maintained.
What we offer you:
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- Inclusive culture of family
- Full funded and supported Apprenticeship programmes
- 50% of Food and Beverage in all Splendid Hotels
- £45 Splendid Family room rate discount
- 30% Discounted Friends and Family hotel rates in Splendid Hotels
- Complimentary one night stay at The Grand in Probation
- The Grand Cookery School discount 50% and 25% for friends and family
- Discounted local NCP car parking
- Monthly Pay Day treat
- Visit York discounts
- Star of the month reward and recognition event
- Departmental incentives
- Save money and enhance your wellbeing with Abode
- Retail Trust Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Mental Health First Aiders onsite
- Employee referral scheme
- No split shifts
The Grand was originally built in 1906 as a ‘Palace of Business’ for one of the most powerful railway companies in Edwardian England. The Grand, York is part of Splendid Hospitality Group and only a few minutes' walk from York Railway Station. There are also great bus links from all areas of the city.
Your role in our family:
Key responsibilities to your role:
- Constantly seek out opportunities to go above and beyond for our guests and give them the attention that they deserve. Make it your mission to ensure that every guest leaves happy.
- Have expert knowledge of the food and wine that we offer and create opportunities to keep yourself up to date with our latest seasonal menu’s to drive sales
- Confidently deliver the key restaurant processes and standards, including service steps and demonstrate these consistently
- Work well as part of a team, treating others like family and proactively seek out ways to lend a hand
What happens next:
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.