Assistant Chef - Hailsham, East Sussex
- A catering position like no other; Guaranteed Friday or Saturday evening off, typical evening shift finish 8pm.
- Permanent role, 5 days a week with Christmas Period time off.
- Career progression opportunities available.
- Stunning location.
- Up to £ 26,280.00 per year.
PGL has a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Chef to join our catering team at PGL Windmill Hill. Located in East Sussex, Windmill Hill is a stunning activity centre that accommodates a large range of exciting outdoor activities.
More than 400,000 young guests enjoy a PGL trip each year not to mention the 2,500 staff that live in our centres. You’ll assist the Chefs and Head Chef in preparing balanced meals that fuel them for their daily activities.
This is a varied role that includes food preparation, cooking and service of meals. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the kitchen and dining areas are kept clean, tidy and adhere to health and safety standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and serving food following PGL standards.
- Adhering to health and safety and complying with all statutory company regulations and policies.
- Managing your own personal development including catering knowledge and centre life.
- Supporting the day to day management, training and ongoing development of the team of catering assistants.
- Assisting with centre specific duties associated with a residential children’s activity centre.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone with experience of mass catering and a positive approach to teamwork. You will enjoy providing excellent customer service and be able to prioritise tasks effectively. You will behave in a professional manner with the capability to create a positive impression of the company whilst dealing with customers.
You will be able to thrive in situations requiring problem solving, and will make confident decisions based on immediate information, prior knowledge or previous experience.
A Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering is desirable.
This is a full time, permanent position working 42 hours over 5 days a week.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community, including those with disabilities.