Waiter/Waitress - Central London
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking to cast a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of The Standard, London, to join our team as a Waiter/Waitress.
As a Waiter/Waitress at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional restaurants team that will provide an extensive food & drink service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces that will be located in the hotel; including our top floor destination restaurant in collaboration with acclaimed Michelin star chef Peter Sanchez. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate dining experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality wines in order to confidently match and suggest wines to compliment guest menu choices and enhancing their overall dining experience.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host to our guests adding a touch of personality and theatre to their experience, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Waiter/Waitress at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires.
In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Waiter/Waitress with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Confidence in restaurant operations and the order of service
- To be highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars and restaurants will operate late night licences
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Waiter/Waitress, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.