We are YHA.
A 90-year-old charity and social enterprise dedicated to connecting people with nature, the outdoors, culture, and heritage through brilliant hostel stays and experiences. We operate hostels and activity centres throughout England and Wales and welcome all but specialise in creating opportunities for young people. As well as memorable holidays and short breaks, we deliver education residentials, group trips, and a variety of volunteering opportunities.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Digital Team as Digital Marketing Executive.
The Digital Marketing Executive is responsible for maintaining all digital marketing tasks for YHA’s core channels (inc. website copy, SEO, PPC, social media, display, video etc). Working to the Digital Marketing Lead to support increased reach and engagement to meet YHA’s KPIs across all markets (including F&I, EH, Groups, Members, Donors etc). Working closely with other internal departments and third-party agencies. This is a key role within YHA’s digital team, supporting the Book Direct initiative and wider digital strategy, working across internal teams and agencies.
This role is well-suited for individuals who have a passion for digital marketing and ecommerce. Ideally suited to someone with a good understanding of how modern digital marketing works and the desire to grow their technical skills in this area.
Our Digital Marketing Executive will require the following Essential Skills/Experience:
- Experience working in a digital marketing role
- Excellent copywriting skills specifically for online media
- Experience using content management systems
- Good understanding of Search Engine Optimisation
- Experience with business / charity Social Media management
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong people skills, building strong relationships with internal teams, stakeholders, and external partners
- Detail oriented, excellent organisational and time management skills, outcome focussed.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple deadlines and take responsibility for supplying accurate data and report
It is desirable for our Digital Marketing Executive to have the following Skills/Experience:
- Some understanding of HTML/web code
- Some practical experience using Google Analytics / Adwords
- Interest in travel, hospitality, education, or charity sector
Our strategic priorities and working culture
Our top priority is ensuring YHA is for everyone. To achieve this, we need a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We support equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
Our people share a common purpose: to improve health, wellbeing, and life skills. Our culture is collaborative; we work together following core values and behaviours called HEART: Helpful, Efficient, Authentic, Respectful and Team-spirited.
As a YHA employee you’ll have access to a whole host of benefits designed to make your job as happy and rewarding as possible.
To ensure we are reaching all, we capture equality information at both the attraction and onboarding stages of employment.
Please note in order to apply for a vacancy with YHA we require an up-to-date CV and a completed application form.
If you require any assistance to submit your application, please email: email@example.com
Please note: YHA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during our safer recruitment process in line with this commitment, this will include the checking of relevant IDs for Right to work and a DBS application.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.