General Manager - Canary Wharf, London
Opportunity: Full-time, Permanent, Monday–Friday hours
Job level/Family: Core - Professional Services
Closing date: 14th April 2022
Operating in a prestigious corporate environment within a large investment bank based in the heart of Canary Wharf where employee wellbeing is a key part of daily life.
Employees have access to a large, fully equipped Active Space alongside 3 dedicated studios offering a comprehensive group training programme, as well as wider fully integrated employee wellbeing programme.
About the role
The Programme Manager is responsible for managing the overall performance and strategic direction of the Active Spaces Programme.
A key area of responsibility is to lead a large team of experienced fitness professionals, driving a healthy and positive team culture, central to providing our client’s employees with a caring and proactive fitness and wellbeing support service.
Westfield Health are dedicated to making a healthy difference to the quality of life of our customers, and the Programme Manager supports our mission by delivering and implementing the Westfield Health wellbeing programme to our client.
- Operational strategy and governance.
- Health and Safety implementation and governance.
- Membership and booking management.
- Client reporting, presentations, and contract governance.
- Financial management.
- Recruitment, development and a broad range of HR functions and processes.
- Lead a culture of learning and development for the onsite team.
- Relentlessly drive on-going improvements and innovation across the programme through workforce engagement and data analysis.
To succeed as a Programme Manager you will have.
- Commercial awareness and proven track record of achieving targets.
- A strong fitness background with significant management experience working in a corporate or commercial fitness environment.
- Experience in delivering operational change and team engagement.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with a passion for business development.
- Strong leadership and people management experience.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work including advanced IT skills and being comfortable analysing and presenting data.
- Ability to identify and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
We are looking for people to join our team who have the right level of experience and skills working in a health and wellbeing environment and can also demonstrate behaviours in line with our Values, The Westfield Way.
The Westfield Way
We are passionate about inspiring and empowering our colleagues to be the best we can be. We believe that our people are our strongest asset and by recruiting people that understand and live by our values; The Westfield Way, we aim to continue to provide an excellent experience for our colleagues and customers. Our commitment to creating a workplace where our colleagues feel connected, heard, developed, recognised and supported has been demonstrated by our achievement of the prestigious Investors in People Gold accreditation!
Our co-created Values reflect the ‘way we do things around here’. The Corporate Fitness Centre Manager will be expected to demonstrate these values in all aspects of their role.
Westfield Health offers many benefits to our colleagues as part of your employment package. We believe that by treating our colleagues well, they will enjoy working with us -and happy colleagues makes happy customers; it’s a win-win!
Stay fit and well by accessing your personal Health Cash Plan and Private Medical Insurance policies. Be rest assured that you are well looked after and have cover for all your essential healthcare needs.
Take advantage of our all-inclusive internal wellbeing experience. We offer all colleagues free access to a number of wellbeing webinars and content.
We offer incremental annual leave and service awards to our colleagues as well as a comprehensive learning and development programme.
Are you interested?
Part of the selection process will be a Competency Based Interview. Candidates will be asked for specific examples detailing how they have demonstrated the Skills and Values required for this role.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and values to carry out this role, please apply by submitting your CV and provide information relevant to the selection criteria stated. This should include examples of how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the requirements of the role along with any other relevant supporting information.