Sales Assistant - Swindon, Wiltshire
Reports To: Store Manager
Department: In Store
Location: Described in Advert
At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to "Make it easy for men to dress well". The Sales Assistant is responsible for generating and maximising sales by consistently offering exceptional customer service.
20 hour Sales Assistant - Permanent contract plus overtime when available. Candidates must have flexibility to work on weekdays for early or closing shifts, in addition to some weekend shifts. The hourly rate is £9.65 per hour plus bonuses, uniform allowance and more benefits and perks. The store location is within the Swindon Designer Outlet. The trading hours are 10am to 8pm Monday-Saturday and 10am-6pm on Sundays.
- Maximise sales opportunities to ensure sales targets are achieved and exceeded e.g. promotions, outfit building, up & cross selling, corporate sales, events
- Consistently deliver CT's customer service expectation by ensuring expert product knowledge, ensuring you are up to date with the latest store ranges and promotions
- Develop the brand name and image of the company through acting as a brand ambassador for the CT brand
- Deliver high visual merchandising standards; ensuring the store housekeeping standards are continually achieved by using the tools available and adhering to VM guidelines
- Process deliveries, transfers and merchandise quickly, accurately and efficiently ensuring merchandise is properly handled, labelled and priced to minimise losses and damage
- Taking ownership for your personal development, proactively seeking opportunities to grow, utilising internal tools for example, the Tyrwhitt Academy on The LINK.
- Comply with all company policy and procedures and adherence to company health & safety guidelines and security processes
- Previous retail experience is an advantage but not essential
- High levels of enthusiasm, drive and motivation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers and deliver exceptional customer service
- Must be well groomed and well presented at all times
- Tailoring experience an advantage but not essential
- Language skills an advantage but not essential