Front Office Supervisor - Cambridgeshire Posting Date
Mar 29, 2022Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Peterborough Marriott Hotel, Peterborough Business Park Lynch Wood, Peterborough, CAMBRIDGESHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
The impact you'll make
To provide a professional, efficient and guest orientated service that meets and exceeds the Marriott Brand standard. To ensure all associates are trained to the Marriott standard and the multi-skilling is implemented throughout the Front Office team
What you'll do
- Ensure that departmental inductions are carried out on the first day any new associate commences employment.
- Ensure all associates complete the Passports to Success. Conducting 30, 60 & 90 reviews. Hold monthly 1-2-1 'job chats' with all direct reports identifying and forming succession plans.
- To carry out associate Performance Reviews
- Ensuring team wide total compliance with Marriott SOP's and brand standards, conducting continual audits and assessment, to ensure departmental consistency.
- Compliance with both statutory and company health, safety and hygiene policies. Update individual and departmental records as and when required.
- Proactively promote GSS ensuring targets and standards are maintained through out the hotel. Monitoring guest satisfaction through GSS & Guest response and managing the action plans for the hotel.
- Manage rotas according to the business forecast, identifying ways to achieve payroll synergies between Front Office, Nights and guest relations.
- Manage regular/repeat guests and their preferences.
- Implement, control and review accounting procedures to ensure efficient financial day to day running of the department.
- To assist with the quarterly action plan and financial budget planning for Front Office
- Conduct regular reviews of business and compile monthly balanced scorecard, developing action plans to ensure targets are achieved.
- Recruit, train and develop an effective team to ensure that customer satisfaction and in turn overall GSS scores are increased.
- Motivate and support associates to ensure job satisfaction is maintained as measured by labor turnover and views results.
- To conduct monthly departmental meetings
- To ensure all service standards are met and correct processes are followed at all times.
- Ensure succession planning is in place.
- To ensure that all standards and policies regarding the security of guest valuables, departmental keys, cash floats and general house security is met at all times.
- To be responsible for all training of associates and keeping records up to date.
What we're looking for
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills and multi-tasking ability
- This position requires previous hotel front office experience and the ability to adopt flexible working patterns. This includes working evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Perks you deserve
We'll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Salary: Up to 10.50 an hour
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on hotel rooms, and food and beverage
- Recognition programs
You're welcomed here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you're important to us and that you'll make an impact in your role, and for that, you'll be appreciated and valued.
Apply now and start the conversation!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.