Food & Beverage Training Manager - Central London
As our F&B Training Manager you will work closely with our senior F&B team and our HR team to provide dedicated Training and Development support across all of our outlets and the wider F&B Division; from initial learning needs analysis to the design and delivery of a range F&B training sessions that meet both the needs of the business and development of the team.
This is a hands on role, and we are looking for a passionate and innovative trainer who is equally comfortable delivering a classroom session to coaching team members on a 1-1 basis during service [so you’ll also need to be prepared to roll up your sleeves and immerse yourself in service when required so you can evaluate your trainees effectively]. You will be an important Brand guardian within the business and ensure that a consistent quality of service is delivered by the team; from basic skills and procedures training, service training and product knowledge; with an overarching responsibility to ensure that all F&B training materials and sessions align to our company culture, brand and values to embed the DNA that is uniquely Standard.
This is a new role within the business so you’ll also help shape and define our training ethos and help build and maintain our learning resources for the future.
Do you have what it takes to be our F&B Training Manager at The Standard, London
This role requires dedication and stamina and previous experience in a similar F&B role that has required you to deliver training. You will need to have a serious passion for learning, development and culture [and of course Food & Drink], be highly social, upbeat and friendly, confident and able to handle pressure well, have a solid technical understanding across all aspects of Food & Beverage training delivery, thrive in a high-volume, high energy environment and be able to work equally well both independently and as part of a team.
In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience of within a F&B role, possibly as a Restaurant Manager or Assistant looking to move their experience into a dedicated training role.
- Have a solid understanding of F&B Operations, from the order of service, wine training, menu knowledge and food allergens.
- Strong coaching skills and an understanding of personal development plans
- Prior experience of using an e-learning and managing a LMS [Flow].
- Excellent IT skills across all office applications including the production of training materials
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Finally, as a trainer you have a natural affinity for people and add a sprinkle of magic to your training sessions; making even the most mundane topic vivid, dynamic and engaging.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our F&B Training Manager, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.