Group Exercise Instructor - Redbridge, Various Locations
Location: Various locations across Redbridge
Salary: £17.85-£21.42 per hour
Type: Permanent and Casual hours available
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st June 2022
Interview Date: Friday 17th June 2022
Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure is committed to supporting residents and members to achieve and maintain their health and fitness goals.
The Sport & Leisure service are looking for an experienced and passionate group exercise instructor to deliver a variety of group exercise classes to encourage residents and members to improve and maintain their physical activity levels, through attending fun and engaging group exercise classes.
Our Group Exercise Programme takes place across Redbridge. Leisure facility could include Ashton Playing Fields, Mayfield Leisure Centre, South Woodford Library & Gym, Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre, Wanstead Leisure Centre. Community venues could include Wanstead Library, Wanstead Youth Centre, Hawkey Hall, Central Library Ilford, Fullwell Cross Library and Redbridge Drama Centre.
- To deliver a vibrant and safe class.
- To be flexible in your delivery to ensure you are engaging individuals with varying degrees of fitness levels and knowledge of exercise.
- To ensure the highest level of customer services and safety are achieved.
- To teach, motivate, and inspire participants.
- To have excellent timekeeping and communication skills.
- To manage registration procedure and report customer feedback.
- To undertake any training and development activity as required for efficient service delivery.
- Level 2 Exercise to Music / Group Exercise.
- Level 2 Group Training.
One of the following:
- Level 2 Circuits / HIIT Fitness Certificate.
- Indoor / Outdoor Bootcamp Certificate.
- Kettlebell/Pad work CPD.
- Dance fitness CPD.
- CIMSPA Professional Membership.
- First Aid trained.
If you deliver group exercise classes within our community venues, you will be responsible for setting up and closing the classes. Therefore, you will be paid an additional 30 minutes to ensure classes are set up and closed in a safe and timely manner. This role may also include key holder responsibilities and lone working.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure provides a wide range of facilities and services on behalf of the London Borough of Redbridge which includes Leisure Centres, Libraries, Redbridge Museum, Local Studies and Archives, Parks, Open Spaces, Country Parks, Sport and Physical Activity, Arts, Events, Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre and Hall Lettings.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure aims to increase participation, accessibility and inclusivity across its services, developing partnerships and sharing best practice throughout facilities.