Reporting to: Athletics Lead Coach
Contract: Work available in the May half-term and Summer school holidays
- Tuesday 31st May to Wednesday 1st June 2022
- Monday 15th August to Thursday 18th August 2022
Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Location: Brentwood School, Essex (CM15 8EE)
Pay: £70.00 - £112.00 per day (plus 12.07% holiday pay) based on experience and qualifications.
Summary of Position:
The role of an Athletics Coach is to deliver outstanding, structured athletics sessions to the children attending our academies, usually between the ages of 7 and 14. As well as leading sessions, coaches contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional and social care offered by Ultimate Sports Academies. Our coaches have a pastoral role as the leader of a group of children on camp, with the focus being on maintaining welfare and providing high quality care.
- Deliver excellent, energetic coaching sessions where all children can develop their skills, be challenged and have fun.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and progress sessions for varying ages and abilities.
- Provide challenging content in a safe learning environment.
- Communicate effectively with children and their parents/guardians if required.
- Analyse performance and suggest areas of improvement.
- Supervise and engage with the children outside of session times.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Company’s promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Ideally hold a minimum UK Athletics L1 coaching qualification (or equivalent) or have experience playing to a high level.
- Experience of working with children.
- Able to tailor delivery and structure of a session according to age and ability.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of all aspects of athletics – technical, tactical and physical.
- Good organisation and communication skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to lead a group of children and not shy away from responsibility.
- Approachable, patient, and above all, passionate about athletics!
- Experience taking sole charge of a group of children.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or First Aid at Work qualification.