Athletics Lead Coach
Reporting to: Ultimate Sports Academies Programme Manager
Contract: Work available in the May half-term and Summer school holidays
- Tuesday 31st May to Wednesday 1st June 2022
- Monday 15th August to Thursday 18th August 2022
Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Location: Brentwood School, Essex (CM15 8EE)
Pay: £100.00 - £150.00 per day (plus 12.07% holiday pay), based on experience and qualifications.
Summary of Position:
The Athletics Lead Coach is responsible for the successful delivery of our academy programmes, whilst ensuring the welfare and safety of the children is always maintained. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced professionals to help us follow through on our commitment to 'Inspire Children Every Day'.
Our Athletics Lead Coach will run the Academy each day, with the responsibility of ensuring the coaching programme is delivered to a high standard and that each young athlete is participating at a suitable ability level. As well as leading sessions, coaches contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional and social care offered by Ultimate Sports Academies.
You will be responsible for managing, motivating and supporting your small team of coaches to create fun and exciting athletics academies which promote participation, structure and skill development. You will ensure successful execution of all policies and procedures, liaising with parents, school representatives and Head Office.
- Deliver excellent, energetic coaching sessions where all children can develop their skills, be challenged and have fun.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and progress sessions for varying ages and abilities.
- Provide challenging content in a safe learning environment.
- Analyse performance and suggest areas of improvement.
- Communicate effectively with children and their parents/guardians acting as a point of contact and liaising with Head Office.
- Manage and support a small team of coaches to ensure sessions are delivered to the high standard expected of Ultimate Sports Academies.
- Supervise and engage with the children outside of session times.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Company’s promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Hold a minimum UK Athletics L2 coaching qualification (or equivalent) or have experience playing to a high level.
- Experience of working with children.
- Able to tailor delivery and structure of a session according to age and ability.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of all aspects of athletics – technical, tactical and physical.
- Good organisation and communication skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to lead a group of children and not shy away from responsibility.
- Approachable, patient, and above all, passionate about athletics!
- Experience taking sole charge of a group of children.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or First Aid at Work qualification.