Head Chef - Bournemouth, Dorset
Can you cook up a storm? It’s our talented Chefs who are responsible for delivering mouth-watering menus filled with our customer’s favourites including juicy burgers, skewers, steaks, fish 'n' chips, sandwiches, wraps and more. We are all about relaxed all day dining done well and with quality ingredients. As Head Chef, you own your kitchen. Recruiting, mentoring and inspiring your brigade to deliver good food done great!
Work it, Live it, Love it! Here at Village Hotel Club we are all about embracing personality, individualism and fun. Forget stuffy hotels built around formality, pomp and ceremony. We create lively, modern spaces for our guests to work, eat, relax, play and exercise. With 30 fabulous hotels and leisure clubs across the UK and more opening soon, we rely on you to deliver service that puts us head and shoulders above the competition.
Join us and we can offer you benefits such as…
- Competitive pay
- Free leisure club membership
- 30% discount on all overnight stays at Village Hotels
- Up to 40% discount on food and drink at any Village Hotel
- Excellent training and development
- Health & Wellbeing platform
- Discounts and cashback offers on many high street brands
- A fun, supportive and inclusive work environment
As our Head Chef, you will:
- Deliver the food strategy in order to achieve budgeted commercial returns
- Ensure that all aspects of kitchen activity are co-ordinated to create a professional, safe, hygienic and cost-effective environment.
- Establish and use clear lines of communication within the kitchen operations and with Front of House staff
- Ensure that food items are delivered, handled, cooked and served to company specification to drive quality and value that ensures great guest experiences
- Using the KPIs, benchmark individual team members performance in terms of sales.
- Review wage cost and ensure staffing levels are at the appropriate levels to drive conversion and in line with budget
- Adhere strictly to food hygiene regulations & H&S procedures according to FRESH, HACCP and EHO directives
But what we need from you…
- A passion for cooking and delivering perfectly cooked, delicious dishes whilst ensuring specs are followed and keeping in line with GP and budget.
- Great communication, ability to work as part of a team and an appetite to grow and develop whilst being a mentor and inspirational leader.
- Live and breath the Village way, ensuring that brand standards are delivered
Come and be part of something new & something special - Work It, Live It and Love It with Village Hotel Club!