General Manager- Reading Sports & Fitness -Reading
£35,000-£38,000 (depending on experience) + bonus + development
We are looking for a General Manager to assume responsibility for a fantastic new sports, fitness, and leisure facility in the Reading area, working for an award-winning employer renowned for developing and progressing their top talent.
- Leading, coaching, developing and inspiring a large management team and front-line team to deliver a fantastic customer experience with each and every visit.
- Support your leadership team to develop your sports, fitness and swimming products to ensure the right products are delivered at the right time to maximise participation, aid retention and improve the bottom line.
- Work closely with the Membership department to develop and execute their sales and retention strategy to drive positive net member movement and member yield.
- Full financial accountability; profit and loss, income, expenditure, debtors; helping set the budgets and business plan.
- Ensure the property and grounds are well maintained, clean and safe at all times.
- Organise and support with events to encourage the whole community to be more active.
- Support the wider business on projects.
- Highly personable and professional with outstanding communication and organisational skills.
- Customer facing and strategic approach to management with an ownership mentality.
- At least 2-years management experience in a multi-faceted multimillion pound turnover sports, leisure or fitness business possibly as a Health Club General Manager, Sports Centre Manager or very experience Deputy General Manager, Operations Manager or Sports & Activities Manager ready for a step-up.
- Track record in growing revenue in a commercial facility.
- Working knowledge of lessons or swimming pool operations
- Have your own transport or reside very locally.
- A demonstrable passion for health, fitness and sports.
In return for your hard work and dedication the company offers a competitive basic salary depending on experience, contributory pension, performance bonus, staff discounts free gym membership and most importantly the training and development required to help you progress in the wider business.
For more information please click apply and we will be in touch if you have the right level of experience