Tailoring Machinist - Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Reports To: Tailoring Team Leader
Location: Milton Keynes
At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to "Make it easy for men to dress well". The primary purpose of the Tailoring Machinist is to complete CT garment alterations as requested by the customer to the set required standard as outlined in the standard operating procedures. A high level of quality and attention to detail is required. Presently the role is Monday to Friday; 07:00-15:00 with a 30 minute break.
- Ensure that all Customer alteration requests are read and fully understood
- Ensure that all alteration requests are completed to a high standard and as detailed in the standard operating procedure for the task
- Ensure a Customer focus is at the front of all actions carried out
- Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
- Achievement focused
- To carry out other duties as required within the department
- Ability to sew and understand garment structure with proven work experience in this area
- Hands-on and proactive with a positive "can do attitude"
- Team player with a positive effect on the mood* Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
- Customer focused
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Actively promoting and engaging with new ways of working and Tailoring processes
- Is self aware, resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Keen eye for Health & Safety, reporting all relevant incidents and potential issues
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants need to demonstrate their ability to sew and understand garment structure with proven work experience in this area.