Regional Business Manager – South of England Region
REPORTING TO: Head of Operations
BASED: To cover South of England Region
SALARY: Depending on experience
With 74 gyms live, JD Gyms has taken the fitness industry by storm!
We pride ourselves not only on game-changing multi-million pound fit outs, but on our ongoing standards; our gyms are superbly managed, expertly maintained and pristine clean. Combined with the friendly faces of our passionate, dedicated people, our gyms are inspirational places where people of all abilities enjoy working out.
Having won multiple awards in our relatively short life span, we’re continuing to prove that low-cost fitness doesn’t need to be a compromise.
We’re stylish. We’re exciting. We’re different. We’re growing. We’re raising bars. We’re changing the game.
To sustain our growth plans, we’re looking for a new Regional Manager to lead and manage the sales and operational aspects within our South of England clubs.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day operations and sales activity within the gyms in the region
- Proactive management of the region’s sales and operations to achieve consistency of agreed service levels
- Line management / performance management / professional development of the General Managers (and other staff as appropriate) to include inspirational leadership and coaching, mentoring and performance reviews and the identification of underperformance and the necessary interventions
- Selection, appraisal and discipline of staff, in collaboration with General Managers (and senior management where appropriate.)
- Management of controls and procedures to maintain and monitor standards and performance in line with the devised policy and benchmarks
- Continual monitoring of the quality and standards of cleaning, housekeeping and maintenance of all areas of the gyms in the region
- Collaboration with senior management in regards to sales and operational performance and the development of the processes to underpin growth
- Development and implementation of strategies to reduce attrition across the region
- Management of the necessary H&S aspects and fulfilment of policies and procedures
- Fulfilment of company policy and strategies on operational standards and performance
- Management of financial controls combined with collaboration with gym managers to achieve maximum operational profitability of their gym
- Regular reporting to senior management re: sales / operational performance, issues and improvements including the delivery of detailed multi-level reports and analysis.
- Liaison with internal and external partners / suppliers where applicable
- Identification of opportunities for growth, development, cost saving initiatives and positive change
- Consideration of energy / environmental issues and waste management
- Analysis and presentation of key data to support new ideas / initiatives / proposed developments
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Relevant experience and demonstrable success in a similar, multisite role within the fitness industry
- A clear passion for strong operational delivery
- A proactive attitude, strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- A proven ability to work independently
- A strong sense of accountability
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and excellent presentation skills
- A full, clean driving licence
If you’re a game-changer who wants to get involved with this exciting movement, we look forward to hearing what you’ve got that we’ve not.
Please send your CV and a covering letter.