Overview/Purpose of Role
Hour of Work:
(3 days/24hrs aw)
activeNewham is a Leisure Trust with Charitable status, working in partnership with Newham Council to deliver leisure, sports and volunteering opportunities in Newham. We operate 4 leisure Centres in Newham, we work hard to meet the individual needs of our members and the local community, with a wide range of facilities and services.
About the role:
The Maintenance Technician is a key role within the Compliance Team as you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of all activeNewham properties. Reporting into the Head of Facilities, you will be hands on, providing a 1st class service ensuring the HDO and leisure centers are maintained to a very high standard.
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site, keeping up to date & accurate records.
- Follow agreed repair and maintenance schedule
- Carry out jobs as per the weekly job schedule
- Be proactive, use your initiative and take ownership of situations.
- Proactively anticipate potential safety hazards and be prepared to undertake any emergency actions required.
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the H&S requirements inclusive of PPE, and other relevant H&S regulations, including Working at Height, and other Permits to Work and Safe Systems of Work.
- Work as part of the wider team, demonstrating a professional & courteous manner to staff, and customers.
- Manage all reactive issues reported via relevant system.
- Carry out any other ad hoc maintenance works as instructed by line manager.
activeNewham offers a range of benefits including:
- free advice, information, and counselling service
- contributory pension scheme
- corporate eye care scheme
- generous holiday entitlement
- free gym membership for yourself and partner
- training events to further develop your career
- Fully supported by a friendly and enthusiastic team